Human Trafficking (1)
- 85% of prostituted children are victims of child abuse and neglect.
- 92% of trafficked women are subjected to physical violence.
- 42% of trafficked youth have attempted suicide at least once.
- Eating Disorders can affect anyone. (2)
- Any experience that can produce PTSD, partial PTSD, or any form of clinically significant anxiety may increase the probability of developing an eating disorder. (3)
- The vast majority of women and men with anorexia nervosa (AN), bulimia nervosa (BN), and binge eating disorder (BED) reported a history of interpersonal trauma.(4)
- Only 10% of people with eating disorders seek professional help.
Mental Health (5)
Trafficked youth have higher rates of:
- ADHD 52.4%
- Bipolar disorder 26.6%
- Depression 45.5%
FOOD JUSTICE & INSECURITY
- Food insecurity drives individuals to desperation, making them more vulnerable to trafficking and exploitation. (6)
- 65% of teens surveyed related stories of sexual exploitation, or “survival sex,” in exchange for food or money to purchase food (7)
- Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming people have higher risk of food insecurity (8)
- LGBTQIA+ adults experience more than double the national food insecurity rate and LGBTQIA+ people of color are the most likely group to experience food insecurity. (9)
- Weight stigma is discrimination against people who have bigger bodies and higher weight.
- Fat stigma results in fat people delaying and/or avoiding healthcare because they believe they will be treated poorly for being fat. (10)
Attendees will receive 20% off 1st order with CBDistillery