Allison Pritchett, RD LD at Brittany Jones Nutrition Group
Hi, I’m Allison! My interest in nutrition began while training for my first half marathon with my best friend during my senior year of high school. (Somehow, we had more motivation to run than to do homework #senioritis). I started taking notice of how different foods made me feel while training and what foods helped me to fuel my long runs. The summer before college, I found myself diving into nutrition research and reading blog after blog containing new recipes and nutrition tips. I developed a love for nutrition and decided to declare it as my college major, and began my journey towards becoming a Registered Dietitian.
During my undergrad experience at Clemson University and dietetic internship at Augusta University, I began to develop my nutrition philosophy. At first, I believed being “healthy” meant sticking to certain food rules, cutting calories, and exercising each day. I realized later that health comes in many forms. Working in an outpatient nutrition setting, I witnessed patients going on and off diets, severely restricting themselves and causing their mental health to suffer. This observation combined with my own struggle to find true food freedom led me to become the type of dietitian I am today. I practice using a weight neutral approach, rejecting diet culture and striving for the long-term goal of intuitive eating. Somewhere along the way we have lost trust in our body’s ability to know what it needs to nourish it, and it is my goal to help you regain this trust.
True “health” is determined by so much more than food and exercise. Mental health, sleep patterns, social health, socioeconomic status, access to healthcare, discrimination and stigma all impact your quality of life and overall health. Additionally, your worth as a human is not determined by what you eat or your body size.
Through your work with me, we will begin to explore what “healthy” looks like for you. All sessions are individualized to help target your personal health goals. I believe no food is off limits, so will never tell you to “ban” a certain food or judge you for what you have, or have not, consumed.
Do you feel like food consumes your life? Are you ready to make peace with food, movement, and most importantly, yourself? Contact me to set up your FREE 15 minute discovery call to discuss your goals, and how intuitive eating and meal planning can work for you!
- I have a nine year old pound puppy named Brownie who I love with all of my heart
- In my free time, I enjoy running, cooking, and spending time with family and friends
- I am a big college football fan and usually go to every home Clemson game. Go Tigers!
- I am a huge animal lover and my dream is to one day own a rescue farm with goats, pigs, and cows
- The mountains are my happy place 😊
Education and Credentials
- B.S. Food Science with a Nutrition and Dietetics Concentration and Minor in Chemistry, Clemson University 2016
- ACEND Accredited Dietetic Internship, Augusta University 2017
- Licensed Dietitian, South Carolina 2017
- Anticipated Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD) - 2021-2022
Leadership and Awards
- Augusta District Dietetic Association Scholarship, May 2017
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Member, 2013 – Present
- Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, 2013 – Present
- President (Spring 2016), Second Vice President of Membership (Fall 2015), Treasurer (Fall 2015 – Spring 2015)
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Body Image Support
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Chronic Dieting
- Disordered Eating
- Disordered eating/chronic dietitng
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Eating
- Fat Positive
- Gender Inclusive
- Health At Every Size
- Hormonal Sydromes / PCOS
- Intuitive Eating
- Size Inclusive
- Weight cycling
- With Lived Experience
- Women's Health
- Yo-yo Dieting