The course is currently under development. Add your name to the waitlist today.
Course Instructors: Fiona Sutherland, APD, director of The Mindful Dietitian and Aaron Flores, RDN
What will be covered? Walk away with a thorough and current understanding of BED and best treatment practices for dietitians.
- Introduction and Overview: What every dietitian needs to know about Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Binge eating and the nervous system
- An up-to-date and inclusive view of assessment, screening, prevalence, and diagnostics
- Setting up treatment in the nutrition counseling setting
- Psychoeducation for clients with BED
- Shame, trauma and binge eating
- Dietetic Interventions
- Key support skills for individuals with BED
- Redefining restriction in BED recovery
- Boundaries, resilience and advocacy
Check back in March for a thorough look at all session descriptions and learning objectives.
The course will also include a number of bonus interviews with experts on topics such as shame and trauma, working with clients with BED and other comorbidities, and more.
Tell us about you and add your name to the interest list. You’ll be the first to know about registration and all course details.