- This event has passed.
Family Based Treatment (FBT) Small Group Supervision for RDNs Fall Cohort
October 4, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am PDT
Small group supervision for dietitians offering FBT-informed nutrition support is now available!
You can apply by filling out the form to join one of two cohorts of small group supervision with Katie Grubiak, RDN (she/her). Katie is the lead dietitian instructor for our Adolescent FBT Nutrition Course (20 CE credits).
Please read through the following details and information before applying. Space is limited to 5 people per group. We are offering 2 Fall 2023 cohort groups starting in October. Specific dates and times are listed below.
- Fall cohorts will start October 4th and October 9th
- Maximum of five dietitians per cohort
- Groups will meet with Katie every other week for 90 minutes over the course of four months (8 group supervision meetings total).
- The small size guarantees that every participant gets a case covered at least 1 time per month.
- Benefit of group supervision is you learn from each case presented, every meeting – along with specific feedback to your issue/case in at least 1 of the 2 meetings per month.
- This is not an introductory supervision group: To maintain a comparable level of expertise within each cohort, participants must have at least three years of experience treating eating disorders so that meetings feel equally valuable for all.
- Please note that small group supervision is different from our free FBT monthly study groups included in course enrollment. The free groups aim to answer general questions about the course- not specific provider concerns and case supervision.
- Groups are not connected to enrollment in our Working with Adolescents and their Families in Eating Disorder Treatment 2.0 course, and they emphasize supervision of specific cases rather than more general discussions.
- You are not required to have taken the FBT course, but you may choose to at any time.
Ready to apply? Be sure you meet the following requirements:
- Currently providing FBT-informed care
- Willing to share a case for supervision at least once per month
- Committed to attending at least 6 of the 8 groups live (you will have access to the recordings for three months following the live event)
- Email Katie Grubiak with questions – [email protected]
- Complete this form to apply and you will receive notice within 5 business days or sooner to finalize enrollment based on requirements.
Dates and Prices:
- Supervision Group A: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 9 am to 10:30 am PST (October 4th, October 18th, November 1st, November 15th, December 6th, December 20th, January 3rd, and January 17th)
- Supervision Group B: 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 5 pm to 6:30 pm PST (October 9th, October 23rd, November 13th, November 27th, December 11th, December 18th (due to Christmas holiday), January 8th, and January 22nd)
- $1,200 for four months of supervision every other week – 2 groups every month for 4 months: (payment plans and equity pricing available).
- Option to pay $300/month or $1100 in one up front payment ($100 discount)
Katie Grubiak, RDN (she/her) Bio:
Katie Grubiak, RDN graduated from the Coordinated Program in Dietetics at The University of Texas at Austin. She first pursued a career in public health nutrition in San Diego and Los Angeles with a maternal-child focus. It was in the same underprivileged area of Los Angeles where she was serving nutritionally that she began to combine her passions, teaching dance and guiding families of dancers to public health clinic access at a foundation called everybody dance! which was awarded by First Lady Michelle Obama the National Arts & Humanities Youth Program Award. Her involvement in multidisciplinary eating disorder treatment started at the UCLA Arthur Ashe Student Health & Wellness Center. Katie developed a unique style of practicing Family Based Treatment that was driven by her collaborations with Dr. Lauren Muhlheim at Eating Disorder Therapy LA. In addition, Katie was the eating disorder dietitian at Optimum Performance Institute in Woodland Hills, California which specializes in DBT-focused mental health residential treatment for young adults. Katie now has her own nutrition and care coordination private practice named NUTRITION ILLUMINATION.